Investment Managers Insurance
Protection in uncertain times
Investment Management and Fund Management is a complex beast. The pressure to perform from clients and the ever increasing regulatory requirements and compliance guidelines creates significant demands on the time and resources of investment managers.
Investment Managers Insurance (or IMI Insurance) has been developed to meet these complex requirements in an effective and efficient manner by combining Professional Indemnity, Directors & Officers Liability and Crime cover into one policy cover. Typical broad exposures of a Investment Managers covered under an Investment Managers Policy include:-
- Violations of investment management contracts;
- Mismanagement or failure to supervise, for example where a Responsible Entity appoints a rogue portfolio manager;
- Non fraudulent misrepresentation, for example, failure to clearly specify tax implications of investments;
- Liabilities that arise under the Managed Investments Act, such as:
- the statutory responsibilities set out for the Responsible Entity under Section 601FC;
- the liability of the Responsible Entity for the acts and omissions of its external custodian or its auditors, and
- the responsibility of Directors to ensure that the terms of the insurance cover affected by the Responsible Entity are adequate.
Who can be covered:
- equity / fixed interest / diversified fund managers
- fund of funds managers
- venture capital fund managers
- asset allocation consultants
- research houses
- private equity fund managers
- property / infrastructure fund managers
- hedge fund managers
- mortgage fund managers
- agriculture fund managers.
To enable us to provide you with a quote please complete a Proposal Form and return to us with the following information:-
- INVESTMENT MANAGERS PROPOSAL FORM
- The annual report and financial statements of the FUND MANAGER for the last two years;
- Any PDS / Prospectus-type document issued in the last three years;
- Management Agreements (if applicable)
- FUND Performance for the past five years;
- A Sample compliance plan
- CV’s of Key Personnel
- Business plan if start-up operation
Professional Risks Experts
McKenzie Ross employs experienced finacial lines practitioners who will provide you with a comprehensive review of your investment managers insurance exposure and provide a tailored insurance solution to suit your business needs.
Local Knowledge, Global Reach
McKenzie Ross has the local knowledge to transact business with all of the major Australian financial lines insurers and underwriting agencies. However if adequate policy terms and conditions cannot be sourced in Australia then we can utilise our subsidiary company Prime Underwriting Australia Pty Ltd to approach the Lloyds of London insurance Market on your behalf.